Skip to main content

Life update, I guess

Hi everyone,

Wow, it has been a long time since I wrote a post on this blog.  Almost one and a half years, I guess. Believe me or not, but I have tried to start a new post every once in a while, but it just never seemed right. I never could think of something to write and even if I did manage to write something, I never could make myself hit the publish button. But here I am. I can't make any promises that I will write blog posts regularly from now on so I won't do that, but please remember that I do still realize this blog exists.

So, what has been happening in my life the last one and a half years? Well, I'm still studying - almost halfway through my bachelor degree, unbelievable! And I still live in the same apartment. So, no major events in my life have really happened yet, not counting me getting my driver's license (for which you have to be 18 here). But they most definitely will: I am currently awaiting a confirmation on my application to study abroad the first semester of next school year. So, I will probably be somewhere in Italy this time next year. How exciting! I really can't wait!

Honestly, my life itself hasn't changed drastically in the time I haven't written on here. Yet, I believe I have grown as a person. I really am not the same girl as I was when I started this blog, in the middle of the summer vacation over 3 years ago. Sure, I still am a dreamer and I still am just a random person, but maybe my blog title doesn't really fit me anymore. Moreover, I don't think it will fit this blog anymore. I am not sure in what direction I want to take this blog next or if I even want to take it in any direction, to be honest, but I don't think I will do it justice leaving it the same. I am not the same.

So yeah, the first order of business: deciding on a new name for my blog, because this one is not really representative of me anymore. Plus, it is way too long. Second: actually start posting some stuff again. I know you always have deadlines, Laura, but you can spare 15 minutes to write something every now and then.

Talk to Y'all soon, hopefully,

Laura



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Recent Events in Orlando from the Eyes of a Dutch Girl

Dear sweet readers whom I am very thankful for, I felt the urge to write to you today after having processed the horrible things that happened in Orlando this weekend. As Tyler Oakley rightfully pointed out in his recent YouTube video , the people who were shot this weekend were all in places that should have felt and been safe and the fact that they actually weren't safe is so horrible I can't find the words to express. I hope that none of  you lost someone that was very dear to you, but if you did I am very sorry and my thoughts are with you. I know writing that doesn't solve anything, but I still hope it gives a little comfort. Neither Christina Grimmie, nor the 50 people in that gay bar deserved to die this weekend and I truly believe that the world has lost very wonderful people. These people died doing what they loved and/or celebrating whoever they loved and I sincerely hope that wherever they are, they can keep doing this. I hope that they still had a happy

Patrick Ness' "A Monster Calls"

Warning: spoilers ahead. Read this review on GoodReads here . I didn't know I dreaded re-reading this book until I read the first word. In fact, when I saw the book on the curriculum for my English Literature course I was very happy to have a good excuse to read this beautiful book again. When I turned to the first page, I was excited. While reading, however, I realized maybe I shouldn't have been quite as excited. I realized a lot had changed in the three years since I last read it. I remember feeling happy after I first read the book. Not only did it have a beautiful form with all those illustrations, but it also had a beautiful message. Then, the book felt like a story, nothing more than that. But in the meantime, before reading it the second time, I've had to let go, just like Conor. Well, maybe not JUST like Conor; I didn't have to let my mom go, but still, I had to let go. And, as you will learn while reading the book, letting go is not easy. Not easy at a

Moving out was good for me

Dear readers, This week I was talking to my uncle about my new study and he pointed out that I was glowing. This made me realize that moving out was really good for me. I'm not sure what has been better for me, the act of moving out or the fact that I am now doing something that I really do. Maybe it's a combination of the both. This September I started my bachelor education at a uni in a city 2 hours driving from my hometown. This might not seem like a lot, but in the Netherlands you could be at the other side of the country in 2 hours. This meant I had to move out, in order to live closer to the uni. In the beginning of this year, I was aching to move out. I think I would've gone crazy if I hadn't moved out when I did. I now go home in the weekends. Not only is the train ride very relaxing for me (it's like a ritual), I actually like coming back home. On Thursday evening I actually look forward to seeing my mum the next day and drinking a relaxing cup of tea.