Skip to main content

I am a Cath

Hey everyone,
First of all, I guess I should apologize for not uploading for so long. My life has been very busy and whenever I tried to start a post, I couldn't finish it somehow. I'm very sorry, but  here I am now!

So, about a week ago I read this book called 'Fangirl'. The book is written by Rainbow Rowell and I could really relate to it. The book is about a girl called Cath, she and her twin sister Wren go to college for the first time and while Cath just wants to sit in her room and write fanfiction, Wren wants to go out and 'have fun'.

Now you may wonder why I want to talk about this. Well, while reading the book I just kept comparing Cath with myself (and Wren with my stepsister). I mean, when I'm not at school or at work I am probably at home, reading or watching films (probably Disney).  I even write sometimes to (like I am now), but I never really write stories. And I sometimes feel like all my stepsister does is go out (which of course isn't true at all). But why I relate to this book the most, is because my stepsister and I used to be the best of friends. We used to do everything together, just like Cath and Wren. But the last few years we grew more and more apart. We are completely different people now and where we used to understand each-other, we now can't disagree more.

Thinking of this makes me really sad. We used to be so close and now we feel like strangers. Maybe it is just temporary, I hope it is just temporary.

At least my little brother and I have only gotten closer the last few years. We used to disagree on almost everything, and now we finally understand each-other. So not everything is lost.

I don't know where else to go with this post, so I guess I'll just end it here.
Do you feel like a Cath or a Wren, or maybe like none of the above?
Please tell me what you think!
Byebye!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Recent Events in Orlando from the Eyes of a Dutch Girl

Dear sweet readers whom I am very thankful for, I felt the urge to write to you today after having processed the horrible things that happened in Orlando this weekend. As Tyler Oakley rightfully pointed out in his recent YouTube video , the people who were shot this weekend were all in places that should have felt and been safe and the fact that they actually weren't safe is so horrible I can't find the words to express. I hope that none of  you lost someone that was very dear to you, but if you did I am very sorry and my thoughts are with you. I know writing that doesn't solve anything, but I still hope it gives a little comfort. Neither Christina Grimmie, nor the 50 people in that gay bar deserved to die this weekend and I truly believe that the world has lost very wonderful people. These people died doing what they loved and/or celebrating whoever they loved and I sincerely hope that wherever they are, they can keep doing this. I hope that they still had a happy

Patrick Ness' "A Monster Calls"

Warning: spoilers ahead. Read this review on GoodReads here . I didn't know I dreaded re-reading this book until I read the first word. In fact, when I saw the book on the curriculum for my English Literature course I was very happy to have a good excuse to read this beautiful book again. When I turned to the first page, I was excited. While reading, however, I realized maybe I shouldn't have been quite as excited. I realized a lot had changed in the three years since I last read it. I remember feeling happy after I first read the book. Not only did it have a beautiful form with all those illustrations, but it also had a beautiful message. Then, the book felt like a story, nothing more than that. But in the meantime, before reading it the second time, I've had to let go, just like Conor. Well, maybe not JUST like Conor; I didn't have to let my mom go, but still, I had to let go. And, as you will learn while reading the book, letting go is not easy. Not easy at a

Today I got into a car and drove away

Even before I actually turned 18, I knew it would happen. I would have to learn how to drive. I don't know why, but I already felt that my parents would give me driving lessons for my birthday. After my exams I would start, I told them. Well.. I finished my exams last week. I never felt ready to actually drive, and I don't think I ever will be entirely comfortable in a car, but my apprehension towards driving has subdued a little today. This afternoon my mum told me to put on different shoes - I was wearing platform wedge heels - and guided me towards her car. She drove me to an almost empty parking lot and turned off the car: it was my turn to drive now. She explained a few things to me and before I knew it I was sitting behind the steering wheel. I had a few start-up problems, but as soon as I actually got the car to drive, it actually went okay. I even made turns and switched on to second and third gear. I was terrified, but also felt strangely powerful. It felt good to